Violent Non-State Actors (VNSAs) – more commonly called Armed Groups – have increasingly impacted state, regional, and international security. This course examines the major types of VNSAs – terrorists, insurgents, transnational organized criminals (TOCs), militias, and mercenaries – and their motivations. The second part of the course examines how VNSAs have impacted security at the state, regional, and international levels. The final portion of the course explores the strategies pursued by the United States (and other states or international organizations) and assesses the success/failure of those strategies to confront the threat posed by VNSAs.
一道本不卡免费高清This course may be taken as a part of the following programs:
- Master of Arts in Statecraft and National Security Affairs
- Master of Arts in Statecraft and International Affairs
- Master of Arts in Strategic Intelligence Studies
- Certificate in Counterterrorism
- Continuing Education Program