American foreign policy rests in part on the character of America. The American political order is a particular expression of Western political thought. Thus, an understanding of what fuels American foreign policy is in part dependent on a solid understanding of Western political thought: ancient, medieval, and modern. The course emphasizes the way in which the American political order and its philosophic foundations affect U.S. foreign policymaking. Particular attention will be given to the Federalist and the writings and speeches of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln and other American statesmen of renown.
一道本不卡免费高清This course may be taken as a part of the following programs:
- An advanced version of this course may be taken as a part of the Doctor of Statecraft and National Security program.
- Master of Arts in Statecraft and National Security Affairs
- Master of Arts in Statecraft and International Affairs
- Master of Arts in Strategic Intelligence Studies
- Master of Arts in Strategic and International Studies (Professional)
- Certificate in American Foreign Policy
- Certificate in Corporate Statecraft
- Certificate in Economic Statecraft
- Certificate in Peace Building, Stabilization, and Humanitarian Affairs
- Continuing Education Program